Microsoft release its last preview version of windows 8 before its official launch for its sale which is Called Windows 8 Release Preview. You can easily install windows 8 release preview on MacBook/iMac using any bootable windows 8 DVD, bootable Flash drive/Pen drive and others. Windows can be installed through Boot Camp Assistant(Application) from Mac OS X or directly booting the bootable device from the starting of Mac.
By long pressing C from the Mac Keyboard you can bootable the bootable device(flash drive/DVD). If want to choose a device from multiple bootable devices then long press Option key at starting of Mac, a screen will appear which will show you all hard disk partition, DVD, pen drive etc. Then Choose the appropriate device and press Enter for booting this device.
Create Separate Partition for Windows 8
5. Then Select the partition for Windows 8 below the Hard Drive.
6. Select the ‘Erase’ tab and Choose ‘MS-DOS (FAT)’ Format, click ‘Erase’. (This will remove/delete all files from this small partition, so don’t keep any file in this small partition)
Install Windows 8 on Mac using DVD
1. Insert Windows 8 bootable DVD in Super Drive of your MacBook/iMac.
2. Restart you Mac, then long press C key for booting DVD.
3. Then After Windows will loading for installation.
4. Select Language, Time Format, Keyboard input method, then click ‘Next’.
6. Enter the Universal Product Key for Windows 8 Release Preview.
7. Accept License and Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
8. Select the created small partition, also format this partition using Advanced Option.
9. Choose the Custom Windows Installation Only.
11. At the time of installation your Mac will restart several time, so every time long press Option key, then a screen will appear which will show many drive and partitions.
12. Then choose the partition on which you are installing windows 8 for booting.
13. After Windows installed Personalization screen will appear which will allow you to select your background color and Name your Computer, Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
14. In your Mac the default boot will open the Mac OS X, but for opening Windows 8 long press Option key and select the partition on which Windows installed after a screen will appear.