In Search Engine Optimization meta Description Tag of webpage have a great role but it doesn’t help you to get better position in web search. It only help you to attract peoples towards your webpage from search result. It gives a better knowledge about your post or article to user, so it is good to add a good written meta Description tag for each post/article.
Follow the process to add meta description tag to each post:
1. Go to Settings >> Search preferences (Screenshot)
2. In Meta tags, Enable the search description and in text box add the description for your blog home page.
3. Now add the post description to every new or existing post in Search description of Post Settings area.
ALSO SEE: Samsung Galaxy S3 Review and Features
4. Now its time to change Template for meta description tag, go to Template.
5. Click “Edit HTML” and Proceed to directly change the HTML.
6. Now tick Expand Widget Templates.(optional)
7. Add the below code in <head> section.
<b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != ""'> <meta expr:content='data:blog.metaDescription' name='description'/> <b:else/> <meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName' name='description'/> </b:if>