1. Go to the folder containing the file whose ownership you want to take.
3. Right click of the mouse and choose properties.
4. The property window will be opened.
5. Then goto “Security” tab.
6. In the “Group or User Names” Choose the user that you are logged in and you want to add the ownership of the file.
7. Click on “Edit”.
8. A new window for permission will be opened.
9. In the permission window choose the user and in the “Permission For User” tab tick on “Full Control”
11. Then click on “Advanced”
12. A new window for advanced Security Setting will be opened.
13. In the permission tab Chosose the user and click on “edit”.
14. Again a new window will be opened.Here also choose the user and click on edit.
15. A New window for permission entry will be opened.
16. Then in the opened window. In the permissioms ; Scrolldown the Hoizontal scroll bar.
17. Tick on Full control, Change Permission and add ownership.
18. Click on “ok”. Now save all the opened window.
Now you have add the ownership of the file to your logged in user.
Other recommended posts: